Jesus said, “Let the children come to Me, and do not hinder them; for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” Matthew 19:14
We embrace children as an integral part of our congregation. During the service of Infant Baptism, we pledge to “order our lives after the example of Christ, that this child, surrounded by steadfast love, may be established in the faith, and confirmed and strengthened in the way that leads to life eternal.” The goal of our Children’s Ministry is to uphold this pledge by providing meaningful opportunities for children to experience love, faith, and Christian nurturing which may guide them in discovering and growing their faith. We also celebrate the ministry that children bring to the congregation. They are not only the church of tomorrow; they are a part of the church today.
If you have questions regarding any of the children’s ministries at Auburn UMC, please contact Dee Adkins, Director of Children’s Ministries at 334-826-8800 Ext. 235 or email@example.com.
We offer childcare and Sunday School for children from birth – 6th grade. During each worship hour, our offerings are as follows:
Childcare provided for birth-Kindergarten in the nursery.
Childcare provided for birth-2 years old in the nursery
DOWNSTAIRS – Sunday School
- 2-year-old Sunday School will meet in Room B137
- 3-year-old Sunday school will meet in Room B131/133
- 4-year-old Sunday school will meet in Room B152/153
- 3s and 4s may combine based on attendance.
UPSTAIRS – Sunday School
- K-2nd grade will meet in Room A208
- Pickup will be in the classrooms on the yellow hallway
- 3rd-5th grade Sunday School will meet in the gym
- 6th grade will meet in the Annex building
- Childcare provided for birth-2 years old in the nursery.
- 3-year-old and 4-year-old Sunday school will combine in Room B150/B151.
- Children’s church will be provided for 2nd grade and under. Pickup in Room B131.
- K-6th grade Sunday School will meet in Room A208.
Click the button below for more information on each weekday program offered by Auburn UMC.
If you are interested in volunteering with Auburn UMC’s Children’s Ministry, please email Dee Adkins.
Children's Ministry Team
Director of Children’s Ministry
Associate Director of Children's Ministry
Assistant to Children & Jubilee Ministries