Discovery Club After-School Care
2022-2023 School Year
Discovery Club is an after school care program for children in kindergarten through sixth grade. Students are picked up at Auburn City Schools and transported to the church by Discovery Club buses. Parents must pick up their children from Discovery Club no later than 5:30 p.m.
Children are divided into age groups for afternoon rotations, all of which meet upstairs in the Mathison Education Building. Discovery Club provides a range of activities that include directed homework time, daily snack, gym activities, cooking, crafts, special events, and mission projects.
- $100 per child, plus $25 per child due when completing application
- Family discount of $50 per child applied for families with two or more children
- $205 for one child
- $370 for two siblings
- $485 for three siblings
Tuition inlcudes transportation via our buses and a daily snack consisting of a fruit, a salty, and a sweet. Payment is due by the 10th of each month (August-May) and is considered delinquent after the 15th. Invoices are sent monthly and can be paid online. Financial aid information is available upon request.
Discovery Club follows the Auburn City Schools calendar and therefore will not be in session during the following 2022-2023 holidays:
- September 5, 2022 | Labor Day
- October 17, 2022 | Parent Conference Day
- November 11, 2022 | Veteran’s Day Holiday
- November 23-25, 2022 | Thanksgiving Holidays
- December 19-January 4, 2023 | Winter Holidays
- January 16, 2023 | Martin Luther King Holiday
- February 20, 2023 | Presidents Day
- March 6-10, 2021 | Spring Break
- April 7, 2023 | April Holiday (Weather Make Up Days)
- April 28, 2023 | April Holiday (Weather Make Up Days)
Please note: Discovery Club will not be offered on days when Auburn City Schools are closed.