The purpose of Adult Christian Education at Auburn UMC is to help us grow spiritually and be conformed to the image of Christ. We are being constantly formed into Christ’s image so that we can be made whole. We also believe there can be no wholeness in Christ that doesn’t shape our relationship with others, both in the church and the world, which is why relational discipleship is so important to our ministries.
We feel that it is important to go beyond the one-hour Sunday morning experience and dive into the life of the church. Getting involved in a regular study opportunity is a great way to meet new friends and strengthen relationships. Join us!
If you are looking to join the church, learn more about membership, or learn about the Methodist faith, we invite you to EMBARK: our membership class. Here you will learn about Auburn UMC, our Wesleyan Theology, and opportunities inside the church for involvement and service. We also invite you to visit umc.org to learn more about spiritual gifts and how they can impact you and your involvement in the church – no one is without gift or purpose!
The Jubilee Ministry of Auburn United Methodist Church offers adults who are age 60 plus, or younger retirees, opportunities for spiritual growth, continued learning, expanded friendships, and service in their areas of interest. Our older adults are a very active group and are always planning a variety of fun events such as out-of-town travel, day trips, and learning opportunities, as well as participating in a variety of service projects.
Auburn UMC also offers services to our older adults through our Care Ministry. For more information on this ministry and the services it provides, please click below.
For more information on the Jubilee Ministry, please contact Rev. John Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Senior Center will be open from 9am-2pm every Tuesday and Thursday. Come meet for coffee, conversation, and fellowship.
Threads of Love
- A ladies group sewing items for newborn and still born babies, as well as items for missions.
- Meets the 2nd Tuesday of every month from 9am-12pm and the 4th Thursday from 1-4pm
- Chappy’s Deli
- Meets the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 11am
EASE House Outreach
- Volunteering at an independent living facility
- Meets the 4th Monday of each month from 6-7:30pm
Just for Fun
- A time of games and fellowship
- Meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 10am-12pm
- Fellowship through reading
- Meets the 4th Monday of each month at 2pm
- A time of fellowship with guest speakers and a meal
- Meets the 1st Wednesday of each month at 10:45am
- Knitting fellowship group
- Meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month at 1pm
Red Hat Society
- Meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 11:30am
Adult Ministries Staff
Rev. Sarah Goolsby
Director of Adult Christian Education & Family Ministry
Rev. John Fox
Director of Jubilee Ministries & Disaster Relief Coordinator
Assistant to Adult & Care Ministries
Assistant to Children & Jubilee Ministries