Jobs at Auburn UMC
Auburn United Methodist Church is seeking to fill the position of Financial Controller. Under the direction of the Church Administrator, the Financial Controller maintains accurate financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and manages all aspects of the daily operations of the Finance Office, including processing payroll, while at all times ensuring the discreet handling of all confidential information.
This is a full time position (40 hours per week) requiring a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position or 3 years experience in financial auditing with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. 8+ years of experience will be considered in lieu of the bachelor’s degree requirement. The major responsibilities of the position include:
Overseeing and accurately preparing the collection, processing, depositing, recording and disbursement of all church monies and related contribution records, in accordance with established accounting principles and policies of the church.
Preparing and presenting timely and accurate financial reports and supporting data to church leadership. Monitoring and analyzing the financial performance of the church, school and other subordinate entities in relation to approved budgets, standards, and targets; reviewing findings with church leadership.
- Reconciling bank statements in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparing and processing payroll and related governmental third party reports.
- Overseeing and administering the daily workflow of the human resources function.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets.
For a more detailed job description or to submit your resume, email Church Administrator Andrew Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REACH Program Assistant
REACH Community Respite is seeking to add a Program Assistant to our team! Our dementia-friendly community is growing and we are looking for someone to support daily programming and provide administrative leadership. This includes weekly coordination and communication with Volunteers and Care Partners, implementation of program activities, and coordinating efforts relating to outreach and fundraising.
This position will:
- Assist director in planning and implementing daily, weekly, and monthly dementia-friendly programming
- Assist director in recruiting and training volunteers
- Maintain volunteer, participant, and care partner data for grant reporting
- Direct the REACH program as leader on Tuesdays and Thursdays
REACH is a volunteer-based respite ministry serving families of older adults living with dementia and brain change. Strong applicants will demonstrate:
- Great love and compassion for older adults and their worth as individuals
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Capacity to work well in a fast-paced and creative setting with a diverse community
- Knowledge of characteristics of Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other forms of memory loss
The REACH Program Assistant position will be part-time with a hybrid work-from-home option. This would be great for a graduate student, a parent of young children, or a retiree.
To learn more about this position, or to submit your resume and cover letter, please email REACH Director Sarah Jones at email@example.com.
Discovery Club Teachers
Discovery Club is an after-school care program for children in kindergarten through sixth grade that follows the Auburn City Schools calendar. Discovery Club teachers work Monday-Friday, 1:50-5:30pm. Teachers assist in daily program activities, including picking up from local schools, and supervising and assisting students during homework time, free time, and snack time. Love and respect for children, a positive, nurturing attitude, excellent communication skills, cooperation, and problem-solving are a must. Please email our director, Ivori Redditt, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Night and Weekend Security Team
Auburn United Methodist Church is looking to add members to our night and weekend security team. This position will:
- assist people attending church events
- assist people attending after-hours events
- ensure lights are on/off
- ensure doors are unlocked/locked
- and occasionally assist with set-up for events.
Team members should be available to work a small numbers of hours during the week, usually between the hours of 5:00 pm and 9:00 pm, multiple hours on Sunday, and occasional Saturdays. This position is part time and would be a great fit for a student or a retiree. If you have any questions about this position or would like to apply, email Andrew Baird at email@example.com.