Auburn UMC’s Youth Ministry exists to lift up Jesus. It is our mission to build a Christ-centered community that makes and equips disciples to impact their world. We offer a wide variety of activities including worship, biblical teaching, small groups, mission projects, and annual retreats.
Our Core Values | Colossians 3:1-3
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.”
MYF Updates & Schedule:
In-person MYF has started back in outdoor settings, weather permitting. For all outdoor events, bring a jacket or other items to stay warm because we will be meeting outside. We will practice social distancing and masks will be required.
- 11/22 MYF will be at Exodus Ranch, 5-7pm. Exodus Ranch is located at 600 Andrews Rd, Opelika, AL 36801.
- 11/29 No MYF due to the Thanksgiving Break
- 12/6 MYF will meet in the Auburn UMC, Gay Street Parking Lot
- 12/13 MYF will meet in the Auburn UMC, Gay Street Parking Lot
- 12/20 No MYF due to the Winter Break
- 12/27 No MYF due to the Winter Break
- 1/3 No MYF due to the Winter Break
- 1/10 MYF will meet in the Auburn UMC, Gay Street Parking Lot
- 1/17 No MYF due to the MLK, Jr. Holiday
- 1/24 MYF will meet in the Auburn UMC, Gay Street Parking Lot
- 1/31 MYF will meet in the Auburn UMC, Gay Street Parking Lot
Dgroups have begun meeting. All Dgroups can meet on 11/18 weather permitting. Dgroups can meet on church property in one of our outdoor spaces, at an offsite location, or by Zoom. Meeting times may vary.
Students in grades 9-12 (9th grade girls only)
- Students should hear from your leader soon about meeting. Please do not come to the church until students or parents have communicated with leaders.
9th Grade Guys only
- 9th grade guys will meet on church property, 7-8pm on the youth patio right outside of the Youth Center. Guys will enter through the wooden gates to the right of the Epworth Center entrance.
Students in grades 7-8
- All groups will meet on church property, 6-7pm. Parents, please drop your student off in the Gay Street parking lot. Leaders will be waiting in the parking lot for your student.
- 7th Grade Girls and Guys will meet on the Youth Patio
- 8th Grade Girls will meet on the Epworth Grass
- 8th Grade Guys will meet on the Mathison Grass
Small Group Study – Advent
Our next small group study will focus on Advent and begins on 12/2, at 8pm via Zoom. To sign up for the study go to www.aumc.net/zoomstudies/.
General Information about Auburn UMC Youth
- Sunday School meets at 9:30 and 11am in C179
- MYF meets Sunday nights during the school year from 5:30-7pm in C179
- Morning Studies meet on Tuesdays during the school year at 7am in the Youth Center. Bring your own breakfast! For students at ESS and AJHS, your parents may drop you off for morning studies and we will take you to school.
- Dgroups are the small groups of Auburn UMC Youth Ministries. Dgroups are for those who want the support of an encouraging small group community, in addition to Sunday School and Sunday evening events. Dgroups are gender and grade specific, and are led by adult and college leaders. The groups usually meet on Wednesday nights, September through April, 6:30 – 8pm. For more information about Dgroups, please email Jill at JillP@aumc.net. If you are interested in becoming a Dgroup leader, email Marc at MarcB@aumc.net.
How to Contact Us…
Youth Ministries Office:
In person: In person: 137 S. Gay Street, Auburn, AL 36830. Administrative Offices in the Epworth Building.
By mail: PO Box 3135, Auburn, AL 36831-3135.