Auburn UMC’s Youth Ministry exists to lift up Jesus. It is our mission to build a Christ-centered community that makes and equips disciples to impact their world. We offer a wide variety of activities including worship, biblical teaching, small groups, mission projects, and annual retreats.
Our Core Values | Colossians 3:1-3
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.”
In-person MYF will continue to meet in outdoor settings, weather permitting. We will practice social distancing and masks will be required. We will meet under the Youth Tent in the Gay Street Parking Lot. See below for the meeting dates for Spring 2021:
- *March 7 — Not meeting due to Spring Break
- March 14
- March 21
- March 28
- *April 4 — Not meeting due to Easter
- April 11
- April 18
- April 25
- May 2
- *May 9 — Not meeting due to Mother’s Day
- May 16
- May 23
- *May 30 — Not meeting due to Memorial Day Holiday
Dgroups will continue to meet in outdoor settings at Auburn UMC, weather permitting. Dgroups may also meet at an offsite location or by Zoom. Meeting times may vary. We will practice social distancing and masks are required. Meeting dates are:
- January 13
- January 20
- January 27
- February 3
- February 10
- February 17 (not meeting due to Ash Wednesday)
- February 24
- March 3
- March 10 (not meeting due to Spring Break)
- March 17
- March 24
- March 31
- April 7
- April 14
- April 21
- April 28
Students in grades 9-12 (9th grade girls only)
- Students should hear from your leader soon about meeting. Please do not come to the church until students or parents have communicated with leaders.
9th Grade Guys only
- 9th grade guys will meet on church property, 7-8pm on the youth patio right outside of the Youth Center. Guys will enter through the wooden gates to the right of the Epworth Center entrance.
Students in grades 7-8
- All groups will meet on church property, 6-7pm. Parents, please drop your student off in the Gay Street parking lot. Leaders will be waiting in the parking lot for your student.
- 7th Grade Girls and Guys will meet on the Youth Patio
- 8th Grade Girls will meet on the Epworth Grass
- 8th Grade Guys will meet on the Mathison Grass
General Information about Auburn UMC Youth
- Sunday School meets at 9:30 and 11am in C179
- MYF meets Sunday nights during the school year from 5:30-7pm in C179
- Morning Studies meet on Tuesdays during the school year at 7am in the Youth Center. Bring your own breakfast! For students at ESS and AJHS, your parents may drop you off for morning studies and we will take you to school.
- Dgroups are the small groups of Auburn UMC Youth Ministries. Dgroups are for those who want the support of an encouraging small group community, in addition to Sunday School and Sunday evening events. Dgroups are gender and grade specific, and are led by adult and college leaders. The groups usually meet on Wednesday nights, September through April, 6:30 – 8pm. For more information about Dgroups, please email Jill at JillP@aumc.net. If you are interested in becoming a Dgroup leader, email Marc at MarcB@aumc.net.
How to Contact Us…
Youth Ministries Office:
In person: In person: 137 S. Gay Street, Auburn, AL 36830. Administrative Offices in the Epworth Building.
By mail: PO Box 3135, Auburn, AL 36831-3135.