Auburn UMC’s Youth Ministry exists to lift up Jesus. It is our mission to build a Christ-centered community that makes and equips disciples to impact their world. We offer a wide variety of activities including worship, biblical teaching, small groups, mission projects, and annual retreats.
Our Core Values | Colossians 3:1-3
“Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.”
Reconnect Night for Youth Parents:
Our last Reconnect Night is May 2, at 6pm under the Youth Tent. This will be a special meeting for youth parents. A time to reconnect with our youth ministry and hear more about our plans for the spring, summer, and the future of youth ministry at Auburn UMC. Please plan to join us for this special event.
We are planning to offer several youth events this spring and summer. They are:
- High School Senior Recognition Day – May 16 (Senior Parents were emailed information)
- M25 Atlanta Mission Trip – June 20-25
- Sweat Week – July 11-16
Registration information for M25 and Sweat Week will be available in early-May. This summer we will have weekly Sunday School and Summer Open House.
Our last school year in-person MYF will meet on May 2, 6-7pm in the Youth Room C179. MYF will not meet 5/9 (Mother’s Day) and 5/16 (Welcome Home event).
Summer Open House:
Beginning 5/26, Summer Open House will meet on Wednesdays during the summer months, 4-8pm. We will either provide supper or let you know where we are meeting for supper downtown. Then we’ll have a message and games back in the Youth room, C179. Summer Open House MYF will meet: 5/26, 6/9, 6/16, 6/30, 7/7, 7/21, 7/28, 8/4. We will not meet on 6/2 (Marc out of town), 6/23 (M25), and 7/14 (Sweat Week).
General Information about Auburn UMC Youth
- Sunday School meets at 9:30am and in C179
- MYF meets Sunday nights during the school year from 6-7pm in C179
- Dgroups are the small groups of Auburn UMC Youth Ministries. Dgroups are for those who want the support of an encouraging small group community, in addition to Sunday School and Sunday evening events. Dgroups are gender and grade specific, and are led by adult and college leaders. The groups usually meet on Wednesday nights, September through April, 6:30 – 8pm. For more information about Dgroups, please email Jill at JillP@aumc.net. If you are interested in becoming a Dgroup leader, email Marc at MarcB@aumc.net.
How to Contact Us…
Youth Ministries Office:
In person: In person: 137 S. Gay Street, Auburn, AL 36830. Administrative Offices in the Epworth Building.
By mail: PO Box 3135, Auburn, AL 36831-3135.