What is UMW?
United Methodist Women, UMW, is an organization of approximately one
million members who seek to know God and to make life better for women, children, and youth in our church, community, and in the global village
of today’s world. Any woman committing herself to the purpose of
the organization can be a member.
United Methodist Women shall be a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through
Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand the concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries
of the church.
Women have been responding to this purpose for over one hundred forty years. Members raise more than $20 million a year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United States and in more than 100 countries around the world.
A Community of Women Working Together…
- Affirming the love of God for all people
- Focusing on the mission outreach of the church
- Joining with women worldwide to minister to women and children
- Affirming the potential of every woman
- Developing a creative, supportive fellowship
- Celebrating the joys and responding to the hurts and pains of others
- Providing opportunities for spiritual growth, emphasizing prayer and in-depth Bible study
- Encouraging the development and use of leadership skills
- Standing by and helping one another in times of change and crisis
- Joining with women worldwide to fulfill God’s dream for His people