Confirmation refers to the decision a person makes to respond to God’s grace with intentional commitment, publicly reaffirming his or her baptismal vows before the congregation. Auburn UMC confirms students when they are in the 6th or 7th grade.
We are excited that you have made the commitment to be a part of the Confirmation Class. This will be a great opportunity for you to ask some questions about our church, about being Methodist, and most importantly, about being a follower of Jesus Christ. Classes are held in the gym at the 9:30 am and 11:00 am Sunday school hours. Here are some requirements that will allow you to make the most of your experience through the 7-week Confirmation journey:
- Please do not miss any sessions, and please be on time.
- Please come to class prepared. Bring your Bible and your Confirmation binder.
- Attend a worship service each week.
- Make sure you complete the homework assignment each week BEFORE you come to class.
- January 5 — Parent Meeting (10:40am in the Gym)
- January 10-12 — Confirmation Retreat, details TBA
- January 19 — Session 1
- January 26 — Session 2
- February 2 — Session 3
- February 9 — Session 4
- February 16 — Session 5
- February 23 — Session 6
- March 1 — Session 7
- April 4 — Confirmation Service, 5pm
- Easter Sunday, April 12 — Confirmands will be recognized in the church service of their choice