Welcome to Confirmation 2017
Confirmation refers to the decision a person makes to respond to God’s grace with intentional commitment, publicly reaffirming his or her baptismal vows before the congregation. AUMC confirms students when they are in the 6th or 7th grade.
We are excited that you have made the commitment to be a part of the Confirmation Class. This will be a great opportunity for you to ask some questions about our church, about being Methodist, and most importantly, about being a follower of Jesus Christ. Classes are held in the gym at the 9:30 am and 11:00 am Sunday school hours. Here are some requirements that will allow you to make the most of your experience through the 7-week Confirmation journey:
- Please do not miss any sessions, and please be on time.
- Please come to class prepared. Bring your Bible and your Confirmation binder.
- Attend a worship service each week.
- Make sure you complete the homework assignment each week BEFORE you come to class.
Confirmation Dinner and Service
Tuesday, April 18
Dinner – 6:00pm in the Fellowship Hall
Cost is $6.50 per person. Reservations are required.
Service – 6:45pm in the Sanctuary
Group Picture – 7:45pm
Please note the schedule is tentative depending on the number of confirmands.
- Confirmation dinner and service information.
- Frequently Asked Questions page regarding the Confirmation service and dinner, including baptisms at the service.
- An article from AUMC’s Together magazine about baptism and Confirmation in the United Methodist Church.